Friday, January 19, 2007

'snow fun...

Hola! Well with 12 days until i jump on the plane to make my way home, i couldnt have asked for a 'cooler' day (pardon the pun... i cant help myself). The day started off with excitement simply because of the 12 day countdown. The excitement doubled when i drew my curtains and saw that the ground was covered in.... SNOW! yay. i had a small fit of joy and realised that i was almost late for work because i had actually been staring at out of my window for about 15 mins just watching the snow fall. I whipped out the camera and made my way down to the barn with a hot tea in hand.

I fed and watered the horses and set out to take numerous ridiculous pictures (see below). After i took a zillion photos and built a tiny (retarded) snow man, to my disappointment, the snow began to melt but i was quickly distracted by Arno telling me that Liz and Marieke are due to arrive for a weekend long visit tonight (yay) AND that i get the day off tomorrow so that i can bum around with them (double yay). He also informed me that he will be making us Bacon and Eggs for breakfast tomorrow (triple yay).

Just when i thought my day couldnt get much better... Arno pulled up in his truck at the barn at about 11:30am and told me to jump in cos we were going on an adventure. We then went to the dump... which is HUGE fun with Arno because he speculates the possibilites of having all the machines at his farm and what he would do with them... Anywhos, after much coffufle with the men wanting to know if anything was in the tank we were about to deposit, we went to a near by farm and got Arno's friend Tommy to make a big hole in it while we looked at his 'racing tractor' (yes they do exist) - it simply looked like three large raw engines on wheels to me but he assured me it was a 'tractor'. We went back to the dump and we had fun tipping the huge water tank (now with giant holes) out of the dump trailer and much to Arno's delight, the man gave him a large wad of cash for it. lol. Then we went back to Tommy the hay man and laughed at his little bob cat thing which almost tipped over while he was putting the enormous hay bales into the dump trailer and on the back of the truck. When we left Tommy's farm, we went to a town called Pine Bush and went to a vegetarian/chinese restaurant which is actually really good. we had a huge lunch and arrived back at the farm with the exact amount of time it took me to muck the stalls and feed and water the ponies and make sure everything was in order before closing up the barn.

Anyways, despite the mundane activities of the day, it was alot of fun. Im now waiting for Marieke and Liz (and probably Brennan - Liz's fiance) to show up but i dont think they are due until like 1am or something. Fun times to be had and many a photo to be taken.

So that was my fun day for you. I can only hope that tomorrow will be filled with just as much luck and a tiny bit more snow (mainly because i have intentions of waking Marieke tomorrow with a snow ball... te he he he... what?!). love to y'all. xoxo






































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO! I'm soo glad it snowed for you at last! Enjoy your weekend with Marieke and Liz (& Brennen) Really looking forward to you coming home
love you lots and lots - miss you heaps, but will see you very soon
Mum & Dad
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

LOL Loved your discriptions of the cold....what a kak. I really laughed at the barn bits it brought back such vivid memories of dick (my horse for anyone else)stepping on my feet for no apparent reason, and the frustration of wandering around with headcollar in hand while said bunch of horses disappear into the sunset. Sorry im a bit behind with the comments. We are renovating the front so ive been a tad busy lugging crap around. Miss you see you soon.
A Tine and U Ivan

Anonymous said...

Hoorah!!! Snow at last. Lets hope it continues for the next week eh!! Have a wonderful time with your friends. Counting down to you coming home.
LUL Gr.ma & Gr.pa.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.