Monday, December 11, 2006

Back at the farm...



















So im back from CT. It was an interesting experience to say the least. just did the usual chocolate show stuff but had a five min drive to the hotel rather than the usual 2 hour drive home. The people at the show seemed a little more strange than usual but never the less all characters of their own. One guy tried to sell me a "didgeridoo" made out of bamboo with some weird ass pattern he had burnt into the wood. actually im pretty sure it was just some piping from and old septic system that he had cut up and painted to make them look real. Also there was a candle man from Texas who decided to tell me about how he makes his candles and was... um... kind enough (?) to offer me a job in his booth selling candles... I politely declined (whilst slowly backing away) and walked speedily back to the chocolate booth. Also the man in the booth next to me gave me some goat milk soap at the end of the first day and then a mug at the end of the show. Oh and Olga and I got free CDs from this random piano man. lol unfortunately we didnt sell as many chocs as usual but it was fun all the same.

anywhos, today i got back into the routine of things down in the barn and cleaned up after the mess that was created in the three days that i was absent. Once all that was done i had some lunch and went back down and painted some poles while it was sunny and above freezing and then rode Peach Pie and then Josie.

yea, so that was my weekend. um... oh ya -Sair (friend from Canada) is coming down possibly with Marieke on the 20th December. so that will be tres cool. ok. thats it from me. catch! xoxoxo
(*the pic is the view from our hotel room in Hartford, Connecticut)

No comments: