Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Everywhere I go...

... I always take the weather... the weather with me...

First of all... apologies to those of you who now have that song stuck in your head... But as sorry as i may be, the weather has indeed caught up with me after almost 10 months of wintery conditions (minus the few weeks of summer i caught a glimpse of when i got back). The first day I arrived on Lindeman Island was the first day of sunshine they had seen in something ridiculous like 42days and it had rained continuously for 33 days until my arrival. The weather stayed above 23C everyday and didnt get much below about 15C at night for the whole 4 weeks i was there so i was happy. The club med village was recovering from a nasty strain of Gastro that had made its way through the entire staff and most of the guests when i arrived so we were going slightly nuts with 'sanitiser' before and after meals and pretty much whenever we touched somehting. After the gastro virus everyone seemed to cheer up a bit whihc was fortunate becasue the village was soon at maximum capacity and we were working like bees 24/7. The work hours were pretty long for some of us... for example I got up at 6:25am everyday and as soon as you step out of your room in your uniform, you start your work day and then the staff are required to stay up socializing with the guests until at least 11:30pm except for when we had a staff meeting whihc generall started at 11pm and you were lucky to get out of the conference rooms by about 12:30am. ANYWAYS.... having said that, I had lots of fun being a tennis coach and then working in the sports centre for the last week when my replacement came to coach instead. Having worked in the sports centre during what seemed like a few endless days, I learned alot about golf.... I still cant hit the ball... but i can tell you wat you need to hit 150m on the driving range and how long their 9 hole golf course takes to complete and how to find balls instead of buying new ones. Anywhos.... I had fun.


Im now back at uni and after havign an interesting tutorial today in my marketing subject im going to be doing that particular course online so i can actually understand whats going on (long story). This also means tha i have some pretty awesome uni hours!

So i should probably cruise... will update this thing as much as possible but im not committing myself to regular updates!

picture is of me on Hamilton island on my day off... still wishing death upon cameras.... i just cant help it...

Hope you are all well and safe... Toodles!

No comments: